This Platform is intended for use by individuals who are located in the United States.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Focal Point collects personal information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the personal information we may collect:
- Identifying Information. For example, we may collect your name, business or personal address, unique personal identifiers, professional organization ID numbers, online identifiers, telephone number and email address. We may also collect your mobile phone number.
- Payment Information. For example, we may collect your billing address and shipping address in connection with a purchase.
- Account Information. If you create an account with us, we may collect your account log-in and password.
- Social Media Information. We may collect personal information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information and personal information posted on your page.
- Employment Information. For example, this may include the name and address of your employer. If you apply for a job with us, we may also collect the personal information you include in your application and your employment history. We may also collect information about your education history.
- Information You Post or Submit. We may collect personal information you post in a public space on our Platform. We may collect personal information that you submit when you contact our customer service team. We may also collect personal information when you enter a promotion or contest.
- Demographic Information. We may collect demographic information such as your birthdate, age, and zip code.
- Course Information. We may collect information about the continuing education courses for which you register and your performance during these courses.
- Commercial Information. We may collect personal information that could identify you and relates to the products or services in which you are interested, or have considered or purchased. We may also collect personal information about your purchasing habits, or consuming history or tendencies.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your browser information, device identifier, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Location Information. For example, we may collect information about the city or state where you are located. We may also collect geographic information based on your IP address.
- Internet Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using or your browsing or search history. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We may also collect information about how you interact with an advertisement.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
StarTek collects your personal information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your personal information.
- Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Register for an account.
- Request information about our products or services.
- Sign up to receive promotional communications.
- Participate in one of our promotional sweepstakes or contests.
- Complete a survey.
- Register for a tour of our facilities.
- Sign up for or complete a course that we offer.
- Submit a request to, or engage with, our field or customer service team.
- Interact with our social media pages.
- Apply for a job through our Platform.
- Passively. For example, when you:
- Visit and navigate our Platform on any device.
- Enable location-based features on our Platform.
We may also collect personal information about users over time and across different websites, apps and devices when you use the Platform. Third parties also collect personal information this way on our Platform.
- From Third Parties. We may receive personal information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving personal information from:
- Our business partners, including online advertising networks, analytics vendors, and third parties that promote our products via their own platforms. If you participate in a course that we sponsor, the company that provides or hosts the course may share your personal information with us.
- Social media sites or job posting sites, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Glassdoor, YouTube and Instagram.
- Companies that provide personal information to supplement what we already know about you. Certain third parties might link your name or email address to other information they have collected. That might include past purchases made offline or online. It might also include online usage information.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine personal information that we collect offline with personal information we collect through our Platform.
- Combine personal information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
- Combine personal information we get from third parties with information we already have about you.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your personal information include:
- To Provide Our Products and Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for products or services. It could also include processing purchases or your request to complete a course that we offer.
- To Improve Our Products and Services. We may use your personal information to make our Platform, products and services better. We may also use your personal information to customize your experience with us.
- To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your personal information to better understand what products interest you.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback or notifying you if you win a promotion. It may also include processing your request for a tour of our facilities.
- To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
- To Determine Your Eligibility. We may use your personal information to verify your identity or determine your eligibility for some of our products, services and promotions. For example, this may include verifying your age, date of birth and state of residence. If you apply for a job through our Platform, we may use this personal information to evaluate your application.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about new products and special offers. We might use your personal information to serve you ads about products and offers. We might tell you about new features or updates. These might be third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We may also use your personal information to send you electronic communications, including through email or text message.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services. It may also include protecting our Platform or investigating a potential fraud.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You.
CHILDREN UNDER 16
The Platform where this Policy is located are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 16, and strive to comply with the provisions of COPPA (the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 16 has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this website Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy on-line here.
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your personal information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
- You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications. Note that you will still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries. To opt out of receiving our marketing communications, you can follow the instructions contained in the communication.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
- Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depend on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain websites from time to time, you can go here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Our Do Not Track Policy:
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies,
- certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Platform will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We use reasonable means to safeguard personal information under our control. A username and password are needed to access certain areas of the Focal Point Platform. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This Platform is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
Our Platform may contain links to other third party sites that are not governed by this Policy. This includes third party sites that offer continuing education courses or other resources and content which you can access through our Platform. If you click on a link to a third party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third party sites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or by telephone at 877-STARTEK (782-7835). You may also write to us at the following address:
StarTek Lighting America, LLC
1960 Swanson Ct
Gurnee, IL 60031
CHANGES IN POLICY
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platform. Please check our Platform periodically for updates.